Friday, May 15, 2009

First Mothers Day

I know this post is almost a week late, but better late than never. My first Mother's Day was Sunday and it was wonderful! Brad made it extra special by taking the boys shopping with him on Saturday to buy mommy presents. The boys each bought me a Disney video, "Robin Hood" and "The Jungle Book" so I can watch them with them and Daddy bought mommy a really cool picture frame to put in her purse to show off pictures of the boys. The boys even "signed" their own Mother's Day cards (Brad tried tracing their hands on the cards). Saturday night Brad took me to dinner at Hanks and Sunday for lunch we went with the boys to Dog and Duck for lunch. Sunday we also went to spend the day with Grandpa and Nana...what a treat for all...mommy got to rest some while Nana and Grandpa got their "baby fix" for the day. Then Grandpa even cooked spaghetti for dinner. I got lots of cards from family and friends wishing me a happy first Mothers Day which was so special and made me feel loved so much (thank you everyone!). I was even more impressed that one of the cards was from Kevin and Catherine with Kevin signing his own name AND he called me on Mothers Day to wish me a happy Mothers Day (who would have thought Kevin would call me for that...what a wonderful surprise!).

The best part of my Mothers Day though was actually being a mommy to two such wonderful little boys! I could have never imagined loving two little guys so much. I thank God every day for them and for giving me such a wonderful gift!

Here we are on Mothers Day relaxing on the couch. Hayden is the one sprawled out across me and Bryce is snuggling in his favorite position in the arm. Such sweet little guys!

No comments: